If a picture is worth a thousand words, Imagine how much a virtual tour is worth
Virtual tours are simulations of existing locations, usually composed of a sequence of still images. Virtual tours are designed to allow your customers and clients to step inside your business from any device. Virtual tours have been around for long time, and business owners should start to realize the importance of having a virtual tour as part of their business model.
Thanks to social media and online review sites, people today have become incredibly visual. This means that having visual content of your business, that represents it to the highest level, has become of vital importance. According to the Nielsen Norman Group, most users stay in a website less than 59 seconds. So, if you don’t manage to capture a user’s attention in less than a minute, you’ve lost them.
Virtual tours are a good example of engaging content, that will make users want to stay in your website. Not only virtual tours will visually engage your potential clients or customers, but it will give them the ability to get a much better idea of what you do, and what you are able to offer as a business.
Here are some benefits of virtual tours for businesses:
- Virtual tours enhance your presence on search with google business view
- a 360 degree virtual tour will help you showcase your business to bring more customers to your business and stand out from the competition. According to the WAV group, listings with virtual tours get clicked on 40% more than listings without virtual tours.
- Increase visitor retention: Statistics have shown that websites with virtual tours are viewed 5-10 times longer than those without. A virtual tour offers extra confidence in your business as clients and customers can view inside and see how and where you work. Clients naturally feel more affinity with business they can see.
- Increase traffic and engagement. According to a study by BIA/Kelsey, 97% of consumers go online prior to making a purchase to research products and services locally. Whatever is the business, whether retail, offices or service industry, the evidence suggest that more people will be willing to purchase or work with you if they know who you are.
- Generate faster and more sales. When a website has 360 degree photos, the conversion rate on products sold on those pages is about 27% higher than for standard two-dimensional images.Golfsmith.com claims that products with the special spin feature have conversion rates at least 10% and sometimes as much as 30% to 40% higher than products without it.
- Attract more job applicants. Job applicants now a day research companies before applying. By having a virtual tour you can give an insight of the workspace to potential employees to catch their interest.
You can use 360 tours in almost every business. At Professional 360, we proved that is possible, we used our Panono camera and created virtual tours for opera houses, shops, construction companies, furniture shops, car dealerships, and others. The possibilities are endless. If you are interested in having a virtual tour for your business contact us at email@example.com.
- How Long Do Users Stay on Web Pages?” Nielsen Norman Group, http://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-long-do-users-stay-on-web-pages
- Audet, Michael. “Virtual Tours Reaching Consumers With Effective Internet Advertising.” Virtual Tours, WAV Group, 2009, http://waves.wavgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/virtualtour.pdf